Old June 13th 04, 03:27 PM
Dave S

Oh yea..

Be VERY wary/cautious of a club, school or operator that encourages YOU
to buy a plane for the purpose of them leasing it back from you,
particularly if they also perform the maintenance in-house and bill it
to you.

Dave

rajek wrote:
Wow, thanks a lot for the advice and suggestions. It sounds as though a
leaseback is risky but it can work OK in the right circumstances.
("Work" defined as substantially offsetting expenses, not necessarily
making a profit.) The club owner did talk with me about some of the
factors that affect the plane's earnings -- season, upgrades, cosmetics
and so on.

I'll do some more research and post again when I have more information.

Thanks!