Old January 18th 04, 09:23 PM
Jim Carriere

Default Scorpion Retro

"Bart" wrote in message
Actually, the preflight maneuver was to spin them clockwise 360 degs.
The reason you did that was to check for coke-ing of the turbine.
Older C20-s had a problem with this, and by spinning the blades
backwards you would also be spinning the turbine and you can hear
and feel it. I've never heard of the opposite rotation being done,
but im sure someone else will come up with a reason that it was.
btw: spinning the turbine is still part of the postflight of the
MD500, I was told that its because of the crazy engine angle.

This makes a lot more sense. I think I was remembering it bass-ackwards, so
at this point feel free to disregard what I wrote I hate to be "that
guy," a purveyor on misinformation on the net, so thanks for the timely
correction.