Old March 4th 04, 05:07 PM
Allen Epps

In article , Harry Andreas
wrote:

In article , Peter Kemp
wrote:

Basically two off board SAR radars provide updates - IIRC the trials
are using a JSTARS and a phased array (I think from the F-35 program,
but can't readily recall).

More likely either the F/A-18E/F or the F-15C with APG-63(V)2 .
I don't think the F-35 radar is in position yet to be able to support
tests outside the F-35 program.

Yep, it's the F-35 radar on a BAC 1-11. Here's a link to an article
about the jet.

http://www.forrelease.com/D20031021/...553.29871.html

I'm not sure what software it's running or how mature it is to the
final version. I was a bit surprised myself but it's a program parallel
to one of mine so I've seen the brief and discussed it with one of the
PM's.

Pugs