Old December 9th 05, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default An ACE goes down in flames.

"C.D.Damron" wrote in message

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
ink.net...
Cunningham is a classic example of a good man gone bad! I can't think of
anyone in my lifetime who had more going for him and ended up with less

than

From what I have heard, nobody thought Cunningham was too bright.

Well you heard wrong. It takes a certain amount of intelligence to become a
Naval Aviator to start with. Dummies don't make it!

While he wasn't in any danger of receiving a noble prize, he didn't need
anyone to tie his shoes either. He was about average. He really was only
interested in flying, and had no desire to be CNO, and never wanted anything
other than duty in a squadron. There is nothing wrong with that.