Old June 28th 05, 03:51 PM
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:58:40 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote in
4KSve.109836$nG6.98760@attbi_s22::

rec.aviation.EAA

Discussion among Experimental Aircraft Association members, and
others who have an interest in the activities of the EAA,
concerning EAA issues, events, and philosophies.

Isn't that what rec.aviation.homebuilt is substantially about?

One would expect so. But there seems to be quite a lot of EAA Air
Venture chit chat on rec.aviation.piloting lately. Granted the new
product debuts and piloting that occurs incidental to the show are on
topic here.

But EAA isn't entirely about homebuilding, it's also a fraternity of
aviation buffs who may or may not be pilots. Some EAA members are
creative and many are talented, however I don't think their ranks
represent the pilot community generally, but I could be wrong.

Some more serious minded pilots may find the ethos of some of the
current participants in rec.aviation.home built off putting, IMO. So,
to the extent that that ethos spills into rec.aviation.piloting, it
may drive away more serious minded piloting discussion.

Perhaps a simpler solution to the decline in serious piloting
discussion in rec.aviation.piloting would be to create
rec.aviation.piloting.serious or rec.aviation.professional newsgroups.
:-)

Although I have noticed a sub-strata of homebuilders who absolutely (and
inexplicably, IMHO) despise EAA.

I was unaware that that sort of sentiment existed toward the EAA.