Old April 29th 04, 03:02 PM

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:02:26 -0700, wrote:

So, you guys would have probably flown to the FAF at 7,000 then descended to
touchdown (300 feet) in some 5 miles. ;-)

I don't have a copy of the approach at hand, and I cannot recall how I
would have flown it. Clearly your supposition is ludicrous. However, I
would NOT have descended from 7,000' until I was on a charted portion of
the approach.

If you have a copy of that approach, I would be able to give you more
precise information.

It's on alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

And, I stand corrected, there was information in the plan view (that should have
been in the provile view, that would have permitted descent from 7,000 11.6 miles
prior to the FAF. The flight crash 2 or 3 miles prior to ROUND HILL because they
descended to 1,800 prior to ROUND HILL based on their training and use of the
profile view.