Old April 20th 04, 01:40 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Jim Battista" wrote in message
.. .
Yeff wrote in
:

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:00:16 -0000, Jim Battista wrote:

Is this one where you just have to really know what to look for?

The inlets - rounded on the Hornet, square on the Super Hornet.

Ah -- that I might be able to spot. I don't think I'd be able to
tell one kind of wing-front-thingy from the other unless both were in
front of me.

Still dunno what they were that flew over me Saturday though -- don't
see many military aircraft in sunny Denton TX. Sometimes I miss
being a kid back at Ramstein or, dare I say, even Hahn, going out on
the balcony and watching the F-4s take off on afterburner in 2- and
4-ships...

They are probably just down demonstrating for the USAF F/A-18 buy.