Old November 5th 19, 09:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default 1-26 Racing

On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 2:54:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Bob I never had the pleasure of meeting Harry but I have been chasing many of the records he put up in the SE region. He made some incredable FL flights!

This last year I had the pleasure of racing in the Moriarty Nationals. Pete is the fellow with Bulldog, really great guy. I was racing #225 red n white A model, had a ball n reworked my gold distance on a pre race flight. You cant ask for greater flying and greater guys!

Harry was a meteorologist with the National Hurricane Service in Coral Gables and knew the weather better than most everyone. Back in 1983 I made a flight that was depicted in Soaring magazine, May 1983 edition. Harry provided me with the weather information and satellite photo's for the article,Catching A Florida Wave.
Harry would start out of the gliderport just south of Miami and make some very respectable flights. Us guys in the fancy glass ships would root for Harry.
With regard to the Bulldog, I was walking close to the glider when I heard the sound of a barking bulldog. The owner of Bulldog had a small toy bulldog that was battery operated and made a loud barking sound, it was funny. What a great bunch of guys and gals!