Old June 19th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Bose Headsets

On 2006-06-16, Thomas Borchert wrote:
Most manufacturers have dramatically changed the form of their headsets and
use new, innovative materials - for sound ergonomic reasons. DCs look the
same since decades. And they are called David Clamps by many users for good
reason.

Headsets are in the head of the beholder (!) - personally, I find my
David Clark H10-13.4 (which came with gel ear seals) to have been
perfectly comfortable and durable for over 1000 hours of flying.

I have tried the Bose headsets - a friend has some - and out of all the
ANR sets I've tried, Bose are the only ones with worthwhile ANR, to me
they were in a class of their own. But so they should be - my David
Clarks were abour $250, the Bose headsets were four times more
expensive. (Incidentally, out of all the headsets I've tried, David
Clark and Bose are the only ones I find really comfortable. In
particular, I've never got on with the Lightspeeds).