Old September 1st 04, 03:27 AM
ET

Bob Moore wrote in
. 168:

ET wrote

Well, persistant incorrect use of a term eventually verify's the new
definition. While the Sport Pilot medical issue is not litterally a
catch-22 like in Joseph Heller’s novel, it "is" a Catch-22 as far as
common use of the term. Most of the Public see's Catch-22 as "your
damned if you do or your damned if you don't".

Your persistant misuse of the apostrophe as in "verify's" and "see's"
will never become common useage. I'm certainly no English major, but
I believe that 60 years ago, I was taught to use the apostrophe in
contractions and for expressing the posessive case of a noun. Your
post is the first time that I have seen the apostrophe applied to a
verb.

Bob Moore

and correcting one's grammer on usenet is bad form's's's....

when I get a newsreader with a spell checker, perhaps I'll use it.. but
until then you'll just have to suff'er

funny thing is though.. I don't remember typing it that way :-)

--
ET

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams