Old January 11th 04, 05:01 AM
Barry

I'm curious. I know pilots who make a habit of including the "NO STARs NO
SIDs" comment on the flight plan. I have flown both STARs and SIDs...what's
so bad about them?

NOS used to publish the SIDs and STARs apart from the instrument approaches,
in a separate volume. A lot of pilots didn't have it, so they would put "No
SIDs no STARs" in the remarks. About 10 years ago (I think), NOS began
publishing the SIDs and STARs in the same volumes as the approaches (as NACO
does now). Some pilots who were taught to write "No SIDs no STARs" keep doing
it, often without knowing why.

Barry