Old April 15th 05, 10:46 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

wondernut wrote:
Thanks for the tips everyone. I checked out Wilgrove and the Charlotte club
($2400/yr dues thats steep even for here in the Bay Area!). Are there more
local clubs or rental FBO's at Monroe, Concord or elsewhere that just don't
have websites?
I don't see much listed on AirNav.com either.
Lots of Pipers on the websites I found. Guess I'll have to try to go low
wing.

Rock Hill Aviation has two C-172s at either $85 or $95 per hour depending on
whether you want GPS. No monthly fees... pay for what you use. I looked at the
Charlotte Club as well and thought the monthly fees were outrageous.

http://flyuza.com

I found the prices to be a little steep but I've been out of flying for 15 years
and just got my medical back a couple of weeks ago. The last time I had to rent
a C-172 I paid $42 per hour but that was back when you had to share the airways
with pteradactyls.

Anyway, nice folks down there, and GPS is pretty neat. I've downloaded a 240
page manual from Garmin... definitely not for the man with the flashing 12:00 on
his VCR.

Welcome to Charlotte.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN