Old October 3rd 03, 10:45 PM
Pete

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
(ZZBunker) wrote:

400 psi is not that
high for any aircraft. Since the wheels rims and
struts on jets of that size and speed need to absorb on
the order of several million psi shock loading.

Sure it is...most large a/c tire pressures aren't that high...as
I mentioned, I don't know about little aircraft though.

F-15/16 are 250psi, IIRC. Depending on ambient conditions.

Just before I got to Griffiss in '78, a tire shop guy was killed by a B-52
tire. Seems he neglected to put it in the cage, AND neglected to take the
air out before starting on the split rim bolts. Supposedly, he got ~1/3 of
them out before the remainining ones let go. One of the bolts was embedded
in a wall in the next office over.

Pete