Old June 17th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Jay - You guys under water?

FEMA isn't there handing out $2000 visa debit cards. And why hasn't
someone blamed the President for this?

Well, in fairness, few people have lost everything -- yet. Once the flood
waters recede, we'll see what's left.

Also, Iowa is a string of family-oriented, tight-knit communities. I didn't
ask for help, but -- between my kids' friends and their parents -- I had an
army of volunteer sand-baggers at the hotel within hours of the flood. I
never even had to call *our* friends -- we had more than enough strong backs
willing to slog sand-bags all day long.

This really is an amazing place to live. After a lifetime spent living in or
near big cities, I sometimes have to remind myself that this isn't a clichéd
movie set that we're living in -- the people here really DO live lives of
honest integrity, and they really DON'T see every person's hardships as an
opportunity to make money. And they really are willing to help their
fellow man, simply because it's the right thing to do.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Ken S. Tucker;639930 Wrote:
On Jun 13, 8:10 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
....-

Incredible, worst in 500 years the news says, comparable
to Katrina/New Orleans in damage, and from what I can
tell, worse yet to come...hot summer heat, mosquitos,
fungus after the water receeds.

Still, we've been very lucky. Hundreds of businesses and home are
under
water right now... See:http://tinyurl.com/5o823a-

Gee, notice the difference between this and Katrina? So far I haven't
seen Midwesterners on the news screaming and crying for government
assistance.

FEMA isn't there handing out $2000 visa debit cards. And why hasn't
someone blamed the President for this?

--
rotor&wing