Old October 25th 18, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage

UH and P3 should give a presentation on how to manage refinishing projects using inexperienced staff (e.g., club members). I suspect M&H could contribute as they've taken a lot of young helpers from neophyte to expert stage over the years. The point is that you don't need a club full of expert repair people if you have a few experienced hands and good management. The latter is critical: turning a newbie loose with an 80-grit random orbital sander on the trailing edge of a wing or control surface without oversight can be disastrous.

Newcomers also need to be prepared to check their egos at the door. There are just so many ways you can (and almost certainly will) screw up with only a few seconds of inattention. I could give a presentation on that based on helping maestro UH refinish my ASW 24 the past two winters!

Chip Bearden