Old August 11th 05, 05:10 PM
Jim Burns

Steep banks are about it. More than anything I practice the normal
"precision" maneuvers, practicing smoothness and fluidity. The commercial
maneuvers really aren't aerobatics, but I practice them just to see how bad
I can screw up a Lazy 8. Chandelles are fun and take some work to do
correctly, mostly a planning maneuver.

Nick and I went out for a bit last night, he wanted to fly over the house so
I did some clearing turns and a few 60 degree banks. He thought it was
cool. That big ole Aztec just rolls into and out of those banks sooooo
sweet, and with just the right touch on the throttles holds the altitude
perfectly.

I have seen some amazing things done with Aztecs though, nothing I'd ever
recommend or try, especially in a twin. There is a company in ND that uses
them for crop dusting (more government contract bug work than anything)
really some cranking and banking.

Jim