Old February 4th 10, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_19_]

Default Glaze Ice

Agreed Jm...

I am aware of that.

But sometimes, when I see correct information challenged by others
(troll or not) someone has to register their support for the correct
information, if for no other reason to insure that new
pilots/subscribers do not see the wrong info go unchallenged.

Here we are talking about ice.

This is important.

It is DEADLY.

You often don't know you have a proplem until it is too late.

There is an early (VERY early) "point of no return".

In this case , MX's comments were correct.

HOW he got his information, is not relevent... I learned, (was
taught) BEFORE I became a licenced pilot. One does not HAVE to be a
pilot and be lucky enough to "escape" icing to be knowledgable about
it. The NASA engineer who wrote that very comprensive paper about
icing was not a pilot either, but he has probably forgotten more about
it than most "pilots" will ever know.

So, a feeble attempt to correct..

Yea, I kow about these guys, - I have been a subscriber to this group
since 1992, but mostly lurk now...

Tonight it is up to -20C here... A heat wave!

Cheers!

Dave

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:57:13 -0600, Jim Logajan
wrote:

Dave wrote:
OK...

So you are a pilot, and Mx is not?

Just FYI, you are responding to a troll that hangs out in
rec.aviation.piloting and many other groups. The perp can be IDed by
viewing all headers of a post and looking for an "X-Authenticated-User"
header, and if it has one, has the following value: