Old June 23rd 18, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Locating device mounting

My SPOT has been on my chute harness since acquired, although I do wonder about the strength of the built-in velcro strap. My mobile phone went back in my zipped/buttoned pocket this season. I still tuck my wallet away in the cockpit to avoid sitting on it but I'm rethinking that. The suggestion of carrying spare glasses is a good one, as is limited survival equipment: my space blanket, first aid kit, etc., are behind a luggage panel now. There's always more we can do to be safer while still enjoying the freedom to fly the way we like. One problem is that with what I'm carrying now, I'm stuffed into the cockpit already. I wore a hole in the skin inside my right elbow area rubbing against a buckle/strap in a long, tense flight at R2N last week due to pressure on my arm from the pocket on the cockpit sidewall.

Chip Bearden