Old June 27th 18, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Any details on Nephi incident?

First thanks to all for copious sympathy emails, texts, and calls.
Passenger is AOK, and I'll be absolutely fine though I'm banged up.
I am really not sure what went wrong and would prefer to refrain from speculation.
NTSB will work with LBA to try establish what happened, and it will take time,
after they find the pieces.

We were very fortunate to be 9,000 above terrain when things went south,
and needed all of it. Strong round chutes performed perfectly despite my
deployment face-up.

PLEASE review how you've attached your trackers to your chutes.
My Inreach was in the nice pouch supplied by Strong, unfortunately closed with velcro. Unhappily it was no longer in the pouch when I touched down.
Plastic clip-ons, velcro, or other light fastener will NOT survive
the violence of this kind of exit. No ELT either.

Thanks again for all the support, really appreciated.
Best Regards, Dave