Old April 3rd 20, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 1:47:53 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
A shoulder holster under your parachute harness might work.Â* When I was
flying in Alaska in the 70s I tried carrying my .44 Magnum six shooter
with a 6-inch barrel in a shoulder holster but it was too big.Â* The butt
was just under my chin and the muzzle was stuck against the seat pack
parachute in the ejection seat.Â* I took it out, handed it down to my
crew chief, told him to be careful as it was loaded, and went off to fly
the mission.

On 4/1/2020 12:06 AM, John Foster wrote:
On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 6:31:44 PM UTC-6, Charles Longley wrote:
Actually this is kind of a funny thread! Coronavirus has certainly taken the spotlight off gun control. I don’t carry in my glider. But it’s a thought. I prefer the plastic fantastic Glock. It’s really easy to train family members on. If it was just me I would probably carry a custom 1911.

I've been trying to figure out how I'd carry a G20 (10mm) on my person while flying. I live in bear country, and a land-out in the woods could have some extra danger. I thought about using a Hill People Gear kit bag, but it is positioned in just the wrong place where it blocks access to the D-ring of the rip chord of my parachute. A drop leg holster would interfere with access to the elevator trim. And appendix carry would crunch the nuts.. I may have to consider an ankle holster, but a G20 doesn't fit real well down there either. Thoughts?

--
Dan, 5J

I used to live at an airport community. One night at twilight, while my 110 pound lab with laryngital paralysis, Carson and I were returning from a hangar a few rows over, we noticed a couple walking on the same path that lived in a hangar just two down from mine, so we picked up our pace to catch them. Carson's breathing was labored by his condition and he made a loud huffing sound. As we approached the couple from behind, the woman (Valorie)grabs her man's arm thrusts her leg in front to swing over her leg tripping him and she starts running. I helped my neighbor up off the ground Carson gave everyone a big greeting, then the questions started. Turns out, Valorie thought Carson's labored breathing was a bear, so she threw her husband to be on the ground and started to run away. Ten years later I had heard they were still together and still not married.