Old March 9th 04, 06:06 PM
Russell Kent

Corky Scott wrote:

I always wondered why in the world a tent would be located direcly
beside the runway of a bomber base, now I know: it was put there for
the bomber to plow through it for the film. Dramatic effect don'tcha
know.

In that locale and era, weren't airfields literally fields (i.e. no designated
runways) so that every takeoff and landing was directly into the wind? If so,
then all of the structures could potentially be under the flight path (depending
on the wind direction at the time). But I don't doubt that the tent was placed
there with the full intention of plowing through it for the camera.

Russell Kent