Old November 14th 03, 03:55 PM
Craig Freeman

Andreas Maurer wrote in message . ..
On 13 Nov 2003 08:52:31 -0800, (Craig
Freeman) wrote:

Look around, the most active clubs with the best equipment
have higher than average dues and flight fees. If it does not cost much
thats most likely what it is worth.

Maybe it's like that in the US, but here in Europe it's definitely the
"bang for the bucks" ratio that counts.

Value is always important. Unfortunatly the tendency in too many cases
is to try to operate so cheaply that a club does not have enough money to
make a pop, much less a bang. I am afraid that is commiting suicide for
the club.

Apart from that, in Germany usually (I'd estimate 95 percent of the
cases) the choice of the glider club to join is based on the people,
not on the equipment.

Here clubs are so spread out it is not a choice of which club as there
is usually just one to pick from. However I think that good equipment
and friendly people are equally important. Not to slight the importance
of either but to emphisize both as nessesary qualities of a good club.

Craig-