Old August 13th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Anthony, question about IFR / IMC

On Aug 13, 3:55*pm, wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
Let me help you here - Mx has no grasp of nuance, subtlety, or shades
of grey and everything is black and white, ergo if you are in instrument
conditions, you must be on instruments.

It never hurts to be on instruments, except for traffic avoidance. *You can
fly IFR in VMC conditions as long as you watch for traffic, but you cannot fly
VFR (legally) in IMC, and you certainly cannot fly VFR safely in the poor
visibility conditions that tend to characterize IMC.
As long as you stay in VMC for all your flying, dismissing what I say is fine.
But if you get stuck in hard IMC one day, you'll die. *It's a really important
concept to understand, and I didn't make it up myself. *Many, many pilots die
because they stubbornly refuse to accept it.

Translation:

If the real pilots flying real airplanes with real IFR ratings don't
fly exactly like someone who has never flown a real airplane under
any conditions says, they will all die.

Right.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Mx is looking for a credible soap box: sort of like watching a fly in
a spider web, isn't it?