Old August 14th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob F.[_2_]

Default Anthony, question about IFR / IMC

"Ricky" wrote in message
On Aug 13, 2:46 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

If you continue to rely on visual references even in
IMC just because you can still see something outside, you're putting
yourself
in danger.

Oh...my...gosh.
Anthony, please, this statement is wrong. Flying in IMC with visual
reference is not dangerous. Visual transition from the instruments to
the outside references to back on the instruments is as natural as
breathing once an IFR pilot has a little experience.

I've trained a lot of instrument pilots. They all have been surprised, in
actual transitions when it occurred, how easy it was to make the change. It
is alway fun to hear the glee about this from them, but it was no big deal.
I liked doing training in actual conditions. When I worked with ATP's this
was no deal at all.

The dangerous thing here, Anthony, is a student believing any of this
gibberish that you type.

Ricky

--
Regards, BobF.