Old September 26th 18, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Trying to log in to XCSoar Forum

Exactly my experience yesterday.ツ* No email ever came.

On 9/25/2018 1:17 PM, wrote:
So I have no problem getting past the Captcha check but after entering all of the info to register the forum says it will send an email with a link to confirm my registration. The problem is, no email ever arrives. I've been trying off and on to get access to the form for YEARS with no success. I've even reached out directly to forum moderators with no success.

Yes, I check my spam folders, etc. -- still nothing. Very frustrating.

Robert

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 8:10:59 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
I check the "automatic login box" and am told:ツ* too many attempts and
presented with another username/login box and the captcha.ツ* I tried to
create a new account and am told that an account with my email already
exists.ツ* Very frustrating...ツ* Maybe I'll try the "forgot my password"
path...

On 9/25/2018 5:44 AM, Dave Walsh wrote:
At 02:20 25 September 2018, Dan Marotta wrote:
I've been trying and trying, but with the new captcha, it's
more
difficult than connecting to a bank website.テつ* So I'll just ask
my
question here and maybe someone from XCSoar will
respond:
I run XCSoar on a Dell Streak 5.テつ* Love it.テつ* Can it be upgraded
include an engine noise sensor?テつ* The Streak has a
microphone, so why
not?テつ* The Streak's GPS is the most robust in my cockpit and
it would be
nice to use it for OLC.テつ* I don't care about badges or records,
just
using the igc file.

Thanks,

--
Dan, 5J

Odd; on this side of the Atlantic there seems to be no Captcha
involved? You can tick a box to be automatically logged in each
time you visit the site. Are you trying to set up a new account?
Forum seems to be workings as normal.

--
Dan, 5J

--