Old March 14th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default FSDO enforcement- GPS before effective date - which date to put in Aircraft Log for Part 43?

Mark Hansen wrote:

Didn't you have to notify ATC about the loss of functionality? Couldn't they
have assisted you with vectors until you got your back-up equipment set up?

Recall that the aviation priorities place "communicate" third in line. The
first two priorities were enough for me to correct the problem and I was
able to get back on course within a minute or so of the GPS outage.

Had my pants been further down around my ankles (had my charts been in the
back seat, for example), then yes, I would have requested a vector.

--
Peter