Old January 1st 18, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Default Cessna Citation N238JP Runway Incursion at KUDD

I didn't see a windsock, nor do we have what was said on the radio during
the
five minutes prior. With a runway that long the jets can accept a minor
tailwind
and save bucks on fuel.

It's easy for radio transmissions to get stepped on. You and the Citation
may
well have been transmitting at the same time. I don't know of any unicom
operators who keep a tape.

Unless a departure frequency is available, IFR departures from an
uncontrolled
field are subject to a void time. A mile long taxi could put you pass the
void time
and necessitate another phone call to obtain another clearance.

If I heard somebody announcing entering an opposite or intersecting runway,
I'd
be on the radio pronto to say I'm rolling rwy xx at yy knots.

Just because a radio call was made does not magically ensure everybody
heard
it.