Old August 22nd 04, 06:56 PM
John Kunkel

"Badwater Bill" wrote in message

I find it appalling that we Americans are not given a real choice in
most of these presidential elections. From peanut farmers to actors
and people who "Didn't inhale" is the gambit we are given. I'm so
frustrated with these idiots, I almost feel that the act of voting
itself indicates tacit approval of the system and that I will be
counted with all of those who really think they have a choice. I'm
beginning to think that avoiding the election all together is the only
protest I have so I am not counted as one who really thinks he has a
choice.

To quote a sixties antiwar slogan "Suppose they gave a war and nobody came".

A more appropriate slogan nowadays might be "Suppose they gave an election
and nobody came".