Old August 22nd 04, 07:08 PM
C J Campbell

"John Kunkel" wrote in message
news:I75Wc.22848$9d6.15462@attbi_s54...

"Badwater Bill" wrote in message

I find it appalling that we Americans are not given a real choice in
most of these presidential elections. From peanut farmers to actors
and people who "Didn't inhale" is the gambit we are given. I'm so
frustrated with these idiots, I almost feel that the act of voting
itself indicates tacit approval of the system and that I will be
counted with all of those who really think they have a choice. I'm
beginning to think that avoiding the election all together is the only
protest I have so I am not counted as one who really thinks he has a
choice.

To quote a sixties antiwar slogan "Suppose they gave a war and nobody

came".

A more appropriate slogan nowadays might be "Suppose they gave an election
and nobody came".

Unfortunately, we got to this point because the voters who decide any
election are those who care the least.