Old May 4th 05, 07:29 PM

Paul,
We switched from AOPA AIG to USAIG (through Wenk Aviation) last year
in order to get the $1M smooth paying something like 25% more and with
the condition that we both have to go through Wings training program
every year. When our insurance was up for renewal this year, I checked
with several agencies/agents (Travers, Bob Leuten's CardinalFlyers,
AOPA) and again learned that they would not offer smooth limit for
relatively low time pilots like us (we have just over 350 and 400hrs
with more than 100hrs in type). I believe the minimum requirement is
something like 750hrs. The age of the aircraft did not come into
question. We have a 1970 C177B. So we stayed with USAIG. You may want
to give Wenk Aviation a try. Their tel no is 847-433-8370