Old June 13th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Young Eagle - the real truth

When I fly Boy Scouts I usually take a parent or two up. I'm not sure
if the BSA flight permit technically allows for that or not though.

-Robert

tom wrote:
Yesterday I was flying near another nearby airstrip where lots of Young
Eagle flights were being executed. The pilots were universally
identifying their calls with "Young Eagle, left downwind" or whatever.
After reflecting on this a few minutes, I could contain myself no
longer. I keyed the mic and pronounced, "Truth in advertizing would
dictate that you guys announce as BALD EAGLES." Replies immediately
came back: "The lack of hair reduces drag." "That's mean!" "I am not
bald!" I guess pilots are getting to be an older group. It is nice to
see that they are still enthusiastic and sharing.

tom pettit