Old September 16th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Airplanes and Brakes?

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote in
:

"BT" wrote:
"Jim Logajan" wrote in message

So far all I've ever flown is a Schweizer SGS 2-33. Not only can't
I turn it with the brake, I can't reach the brake during taxi
anyway since I'm outside the cockpit during those times. ;-)

You've never landed and then "taxied to parking"?

Sure - but have yet to sit in the aircraft during "taxi to parking"
because the 2-33 is a monowheel glider. (Caveats on the monowheel.
It has small wheels near the wingtips and a small tailwheel.)

he meant rolling it to the tiedown after touchdown..

Ah - I misunderstood - no. See, there is this shallow drainage ditch
in the grass between the tie down area and the landing field that
would make for some nasty pranging at anything above walking speed.
Plus the tow plane is typically too close to the tie down area to do
that safely.

Yeah, it's not something you can do just anywhere!

Bertie