Old January 14th 05, 05:25 PM
Ray Lovinggood

I think the Ballroom was being decorated in three 'themes':
Land
Air
Sea
to represent the different areas of North Carolina.
The 'air' portion could play on the history of the
Outer Banks and the Wright Brothers. I don't know
why they chose a sailplane rather than an airplane.

I don't know what they have to represent the Land and
Sea portions.

If I can ever find out why they sought out a glider,
I'll report back.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 17:00 14 January 2005, For Example John Smith wrote:
Can you tell us more?
Do you know why folks from the Governor's office wanted
a glider hanging
over the ballroom? Maybe there's something repeatable
or leveragable....

'Ray Lovinggood' wrote in message
While not anything like an airshow, one of our club
members is letting his 301 Libelle be used at the
Gubernatorial
Inauguration Ball. (North Carolina, USA, Governor
re-elect: Mike Easley)

Folks from the Governor's office (I guess) visited
our airfield looking for the 'glider guys.' They
wanted
a glider to suspend from the ceiling of the Raleigh
Convention Center. They ran into the owner of the
301 and he has agreed to let them display it above
the heads of the dancing democrats.

The Ball is Saturday evening, 15 JAN 05. I wonder
if anyone will start thinking about how lovely the
Libelle is and thinking about learning to fly?

I hope the owner gets good photos!