Old February 16th 04, 10:01 PM
Roy Smith

In article ,
(Jeremy) wrote:

I'm studying for my written and having an awful time with the
questions dealing with primary/secondary instruments for
pitch/bank/power during various phases of flight. The distinctions
appear to be senseless hair splitting, and I'm getting them mostly
wrong in the practice tests. Some of this is due to my study
materials explaining which is the right answer, but not really *why*.
Is there any way to logically learn this in a way I have a prayer of
remembering, or do I just have to memorize the matrix?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Memorize the matrix and move on. The important thing is to understand
what data each instrument is giving you, how the various instruments
inter-relate, and what to expect to see on each one for a given control
change.

At least that's my personal opinion. I'm sure you will get responses
which say that primary/secondary is the only way to fly. They're no
more right or wrong than I am.

The ultimate goal is to keep the dirty side down and find the runway.
If primary/secondary helps you achieve that goal, it's a useful tool.
If not, then don't get hung up on it.