Old July 16th 15, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp

Default "Volunteer contest write-ups", we (the home bodies) appreciate it!!!

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 2:32:18 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
As the thread title states, for those of us NOT at a contest, we (mostly racing pilots & crew) really appreciate the time/effort "volunteers" put in to report on what is happening.

I will say I have my favorite reporters (Janine.... sorry....), but any info is better than nothing.
I will NOT slam some, I will applaud others (with a hug if need be, expecting a "slap on the face".... if need be) but a "thanks to everyone else" that provides some of the "day to day" info.

The contest site should understand that us "home bodies" want a better view of what is going on beyond what SSA.org provides.

I, and likely others, like the other info provided, but understand that this is someone spending their time to satisfy those of us not at the site.

If any reporters want some "beer/wine money to continue", let me know, I'll start a contest fund.

Have a great contest season, wish I could be there as well......

I agree, great job to those who provide, enjoyed the videos too. I still follow most of the contests but am seeing fewer and fewer of my old friends in them.

gkemp