Old July 16th 15, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default "Volunteer contest write-ups", we (the home bodies) appreciate it!!!

On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 8:27:48 AM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
I want glider contest reporting to be more social but "I don't do facebook."

I want to be a cyclist but I don't want to buy a bike...

Good luck! ;-)

I don't believe I asked for the reports to be "more social", I wanted to point out that "well done reports" are a great way to know about things happening beyond the scoresheet.
I also wanted to give "props" to the volunteers that take their time to provide those reports.

Simple text online contest reports have been done for years, if others also like the videos or Facebook media, then fine.
Charlie Spratt's newsletter did a fine job, but after the fact.

Some contests can't find a volunteer to do reports, so you miss a lot of other things going on at the contest based on only seeing race results.

Again, to those that do the reports, I thank you.

PS, I miss Charlie S. "Good finish Charlie Sierra!".