Old October 28th 15, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Auto-Towing - why is this not more popular?

Am Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2015 02:05:08 UTC+1 schrieb Sean Fidler:
86k is still a big check. Plus shipping, taxes, insurance and maintenance...

Let me point out, again, the title of this thread.

Winches are fine...

Auto-towing is also a very under-utilized option.

And everyone goes crazy and only wants to discuss winches, and gets irritated when I argue for aero-towing.

RAS...it always delivers entertainment, guaranteed! ;-)

It seems that you're the only one getting irritated...
Why do you think in (at least) continental Europe everybody does winch launching instead of auto-towing?
So, the answer to the question in the thread header is simple - because a winch is the better option for any club.

Bert
Ventus cM TW