Old October 28th 15, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Auto-Towing - why is this not more popular?

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 7:05:08 PM UTC-6, Sean Fidler wrote:
86k is still a big check. Plus shipping, taxes, insurance and maintenance...

Let me point out, again, the title of this thread.

Winches are fine...

Auto-towing is also a very under-utilized option.

And everyone goes crazy and only wants to discuss winches, and gets irritated when I argue for aero-towing.

RAS...it always delivers entertainment, guaranteed! ;-)

Sean, your title to this thread was the question "Auto-Towing - why is this not more popular?" Well, you got a clear and simple answer from people with a lifetime of experience - auto isn't more popular because winches are better, much better. Getting steamed up because you don't like the answer is, well, telling.