Old May 14th 04, 03:57 PM
Alan White

On Fri, 14 May 2004 12:46:09 +0000 (UTC), "Derek"
wrote:

What were your symptoms ??

The problem is only mildly related to yours.

For the past six months, the Windows XP Event Viewer has been
predicting the imminent demise of my C drive.

I purchased a replacement, installed it as a second drive and on to it
backed up my original drive. The backup drive then replaced the
original and became the new C drive. The backup isn't an analogue of
the original in terms of functionality, e.g. the desktop settings are
different and applications that worked on the original don't work on
the backup. I haven't carried out a rigourous examination. I'll
probably do that when the current C drive dies!

This just demonstrates that simply copying files from one drive to
another isn't simplistic.

BTW, FlightSim wasn't affected as it's on another drive.

My advice is still 'take it back to the shop'.

--
Alan White
Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow.