Old January 28th 20, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flight experience

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 7:45:54 PM UTC-5, jp wrote:
I've searched the FAA Legal Interpretation website for an answer but haven't found one I understand.

My question is:

Can any of the flight experiences that were used to qualify for a private pilot certificate be subsequently used in part or whole to satisfy the flight experience requirements for a commercial pilot certificate.

Or, must the flight experience requirements for a commercial pilot certificate occur after the applicant has acquired a private pilot certificate.

Thank you.

FAR's are written through exceptions.
If you do not see anything in the Commercial experience description that says the experience can't be used, you can use it.
I've never heard the question asked before.