Old August 7th 03, 04:56 PM
Big John

Cap

One bit of info. Commercial birds are pressurized to between 5K and
10K (forget the standard figure but someone will drop it in a reply).
If you don't fly any higher in your GA than the commercial bird
pressurization it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd go to her Doc and get his opinion of what is acceptable during
preg.

Also baby ear Doc about flying with infant and possible ear blockage
(might want to wake up prior to descent so baby will clear any minor
blockage by crying if it hurts , etc) Playing with baby until it
laughs could help clear any minor blockage.

There's lots of professional advice available, but I'd look twice
(measure twice and cut once) at all the advice you will get here on
r.a.p. (some will be good and some ???)

Congrats on the new one coming into the family. Maybe a new pilot
coming on board?

..
Big John

On 7 Aug 2003 05:59:41 -0700, (Captain Wubba)
wrote:

Hello. I posted this in another group but got no response. I was
wondering if anyone here might be able to point me in the right
direction.

My wife is pregnant with our first child. She is currently 12
weeks into an apparently uncomplicated pregnancy. She's in good
health, and has no specific problems that we know of. I have heard
conflicting advice about flying in small, unpressurized planes while
pregnant. She's very
comfortable flying, and we like to travel, and would like to travel
via general aviation both before and (after a suitable age) after
delivery. The aircraft we fly in is not pressurized (It's either a 206
or a Beech Musketeer). I had a few questions:

1. What is the maximum altitude that would be 'safe' for for an
expectant mother to fly at?

2. Does this vary with the stage of pregnancy?

3. Is there a time when we should simply stop flying?

4. Are there any resources that anyone know of concernign flying with
small children (i.e. headsets, inner-ear issues, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers,

Cap