Old August 8th 03, 04:37 PM
Snowbird

Chris Kennedy wrote in message ...
2. Does this vary with the stage of pregnancy?

Jen flew solo until early in her fifth month, at which point she was
cautioned to stop solo flight because some women start to have episodes
of lightheadedness about that time (she never did). She flew dual until
sometime in her sixth month, when she couldn't stuff her 5'2" frame into
the airplane or get full travel on the yoke.

I dunno what your airplane is, but I fit my 5'4" frame into our
plane through 37 weeks.

What I did was push my seat back, then buy the tallest platform
shoes I could find to achieve full rudder travel. I thought I might
need a seatbelt extension, but because of the way our seatbelts
are designed, I didn't.

I did have to build a holder off to the side for my approach plates.
My stomach completely hid the bottom half.

I flew solo through 37 weeks with my OB's approval, so the
"caution" your wife experienced is neither universal nor
really backed up w/ any solid research. No harm in being
cautious though if your wife didn't mind.

Frankly I wouldn't have minded having someone else around to
push the plane back and help me tie it down .

Cheers,
Sydney