Old September 4th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

"Paul Tomblin" wrote:

I had a job where they required a dress code. I told them that if I'm
going to be on my knees crawling around a server rack or pulling cables
behind dusty old computers, I'm either going to dress casually or they
could pay my dry cleaning bill. They didn't relent, so I left.

It should be the right of an employer to enforce a dress code for employees;
it is the responsibility of an employer not to be stupid or oppressive about
it.

This action of the FAA smacks of a power demonstration rather than a routine
work rule change. Hard to see how it can help the already toxic
labor-managemrnt atmosphere in ATC.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM