Old June 5th 13, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default PowerFLARM USB 3 cables and ConnectMe to PowerFLARM through V7

Two comments/questions:

1. I had purchased a panel mount extension USB cable to allow me to plug the USB drive into the panel for upgrades and flight downloads. I didn't think anything about the cable type but after doing the install I can not download flights. I started looking at the cable and realized it is USB 3 (labeled SSUSB with Blue tabs). I realized PowerFLARM did not work with USB 3 drive but never thought about checking the extension cable type as well.

2. Will ConnectMe on an Oudie work with a PowerFLARM through a V7? I can see the serial number but it will not access the flights. Would be nice if we could use that in the future to download flights.