Old June 5th 13, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default PowerFLARM USB 3 cables and ConnectMe to PowerFLARM through V7

Hi Tim,

The Oudie and V7 would work with the PowerFLARM for flight log downloads,
except the PowerFLARM doesn't support that feature yet.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Tim Taylor" wrote in message

Two comments/questions:

1. I had purchased a panel mount extension USB cable to allow me to plug the
USB drive into the panel for upgrades and flight downloads. I didn't think
anything about the cable type but after doing the install I can not download
flights. I started looking at the cable and realized it is USB 3 (labeled
SSUSB with Blue tabs). I realized PowerFLARM did not work with USB 3 drive
but never thought about checking the extension cable type as well.

2. Will ConnectMe on an Oudie work with a PowerFLARM through a V7? I can
see the serial number but it will not access the flights. Would be nice if
we could use that in the future to download flights.