Old June 5th 13, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari

Default PowerFLARM USB 3 cables and ConnectMe to PowerFLARM through V7

Per posts on the Naviter site, I thought this was supposed to be fixed and working with the latest version of Oudie firmware (4.40). Though I am still getting the "external error (-9)" error when actually trying to download.

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:31:16 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Tim,

The Oudie and V7 would work with the PowerFLARM for flight log downloads,

except the PowerFLARM doesn't support that feature yet.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Tim Taylor" wrote in message

Two comments/questions:

1. I had purchased a panel mount extension USB cable to allow me to plug the

USB drive into the panel for upgrades and flight downloads. I didn't think

anything about the cable type but after doing the install I can not download

flights. I started looking at the cable and realized it is USB 3 (labeled

SSUSB with Blue tabs). I realized PowerFLARM did not work with USB 3 drive

but never thought about checking the extension cable type as well.

2. Will ConnectMe on an Oudie work with a PowerFLARM through a V7? I can

see the serial number but it will not access the flights. Would be nice if

we could use that in the future to download flights.