Old June 6th 13, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default PowerFLARM USB 3 cables and ConnectMe to PowerFLARM through V7

Hi Morteza,

The problem isn't with the Oudie. As stated below, it is that the
PowerFLARM doesn't yet support fight log downloads through the serial port.
They must be done using a USB Flash Drive (PowerFLARM Core) or microSD
memory card (PowerFLARM Portable). Once FLARM updates the software to allow
flight log downloads through the serial port, then the Oudie will probably
be able to download flight logs from it - assuming they use the same flight
log transfer protocol used by previous FLARM units

But why would you want to wait for several minutes for a flight log download
through the serial port when using a memory device will get the job done in
5 seconds? I recommend that you try using a memory card.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
____________________________

"Morteza Ansari" wrote in message

Per posts on the Naviter site, I thought this was supposed to be fixed and
working with the latest version of Oudie firmware (4.40). Though I am still
getting the "external error (-9)" error when actually trying to download.

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:31:16 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Tim,

The Oudie and V7 would work with the PowerFLARM for flight log downloads,

except the PowerFLARM doesn't support that feature yet.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Tim Taylor" wrote in message

Two comments/questions:

1. I had purchased a panel mount extension USB cable to allow me to plug
the

USB drive into the panel for upgrades and flight downloads. I didn't
think

anything about the cable type but after doing the install I can not
download

flights. I started looking at the cable and realized it is USB 3 (labeled

SSUSB with Blue tabs). I realized PowerFLARM did not work with USB 3
drive

but never thought about checking the extension cable type as well.

2. Will ConnectMe on an Oudie work with a PowerFLARM through a V7? I can

see the serial number but it will not access the flights. Would be nice
if

we could use that in the future to download flights.