Old August 25th 17, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Franke

Default Hydraulic Jumps?

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 4:08:26 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
Bernard Eckey was a great article in June/July S&G on hydraulic jump.
I've never had the experience of flying in this - anybody here done so?
All the wave flying I've done has been classic wave (primarily ground
induced, but also lots of thermal wave)...

It seems the conditions for this might occur in Colorado?
Sierra lee is mentioned but I've never seen it flying from Minden.

Interested to hear of any experiences with this!

See ya, Dave

Warner Springs, CA is known for its hydraulic jump.

Sean Franke