Old April 28th 18, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Vario sticks

On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 7:08:25 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I have a Winter variometer. On my last flight, the needle was sticking at an 8 knot climb indication. After I landed, I tapped on the face of the instrument 4 times and it appeared to correct to zero after the 4th tap. Does anyone know a fix for this? I wonder if the cost to send it to an instrument repair shop is worth it for an older vario. Any ideas?
Mike

The winter shop does wonderful work. They come back as if they were new. There was a good article in Gliding International recently on them.