Old February 7th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fbrahic

Default A giant for a glider

Here in the US, a Schweizer 2-32 is a good option. I'm 6'3" and 190lb,
and fit with room to spare in my school's 2-32s
(www.soarhollister.com). I also fit fine in our Grob 103, DG 505 and
DG1000.

On Feb 1, 1:58 am, Edward Lockhart
wrote:
At 22:24 31 January 2007, T-Tree wrote:

Hi please can someone help.

I am looking to find a suitable aircraft/club for a
male ab initio
with no prior experience.
However he is 6'4 and 231lbs (16.5 stone) though medium
build. and I
am uncertain that he will be able to fit into the front
of a K13 for
instruction.
Does anyone know of anyone of similar height and build
that has learnt
to fly a glider and if so was it a K13/21 etc?

Thanks

6'5', K13s & K21. Its a bit of a squeeze but possible.

Tell him to wear thin soled shoes, not boots, and make
sure his straps are tight enough to stop his head from
cracking the canopy.

If he wears a parachute he will definitely be over
the max seat weight.

Ed.- Hide quoted text -